Menu
snikpoh1973
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

GB News

What channel will it be on the Virgin Media platform?

For reference a test card is already showing for it at Channel 436 of Freeview.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: GB News

There's numerous articles on the web confirming this channel will launch on VM, but as yet a channel number hasn't been announced.

I'd imagine somewhere in the 600s, alongside the other news channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Channel is 236 on Freeview, not 436. They were supposed to launch at the end of March, but this never materialised. As Freeview have a rule that you must start transmissions within 3 months of being allocated an EPG slot number, the test transmission is probably to negate the risk of them losing their slot.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
snikpoh1973
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So that'll be "I haven't a clue" then. Thanks anyway.
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@snikpoh1973 wrote:
So that'll be "I haven't a clue" then. Thanks anyway.

I don’t think GB News has either yet. If they are launching in SD VM will take a satellite feed from Astra which is used by Sky & Freesat. Neither of these have announced a channel number either, nor have any tests started. If the channel launches in HD it will require a direct feed to VMs SHE in Langley. The appearance of a static “slate” on Freeview does not mean a lot at the moment. According to some media outlets they have only just started recruiting staff.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos