Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fuse - blown 3 times in 3 months - always over-night.

Hi - pretty much as the heading says - I come down to find the 3A fuse in the plug has blown. I've tried the plug in various independent sockets and same thing happens. (in addition kit that I've plugged in to the previous Tivo box sockets has no issues). So I'm guessing it's a TIVo box problem...any ideas? help much appreciated  - slightly concerned now of the fire risk too. thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fuse - blown 3 times in 3 months - always over-night.

Hi if the tivo comes with a 3 amp fuse that is what the manufacturer deems sufficient, and they run on very low power so I recommend you have an electrician check your fuseboard and electrics in general.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry just to add is your box properly ventilated, not in an enclosed space so the air can flow round it.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for answers, to confirm nothing has changed to the power in the house (I've tried various other sockets which have no issues and the same thing happens to the tivo box) and yes the box is ventilated. It's odd that it's only started happening in recent months. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ive escalated this for you. Staff should pick it up soon.

If its blowing a 3amp fuse, likely the power brick is on the fritz.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RKW12345,

So sorry to hear of the blown fuse and the issues this may have caused.

I'm more than happy to arrange for a tech to come out to check all the equipment and the isolator plates are OK.

The technician will check all equipment and cabling in your home and will be able to advise of any issues found or if the network equipment is causing any problems.

Please head over to the purple envelope in the top right corner of the page where you'll find a PM from me.

Regards,

Beth