Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freezing / pixelation

Hello there @doubleothree

Cheers for popping along to our Community - sorry that you're having some issues with your recordings on one of your TiVo boxes. 

I've located your account from your Forum information and can see that one of your boxes has got an error with one of the tuners in the box - this is what has caused issues with some of your recordings and not the Live TV. 

It does also state that it has been 21 days since the box was rebooted though so I am not sure if the reboot was done correctly or if our systems were not updated. Before I pop you a Private Message and go through more checks, can I please ask you to reboot the impacted box at home and let me know once it's all loaded back up? I just want to see if the tuner issue restores after the checks I do. 

Thanks in advance!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello there @julietgreen

Thanks for popping along to this thread - sorry that you're also having the issue. 

After having a quick look at your account we can see that we have already been contacted and a technician has been booked; hope the visit all goes well. 

If you need any further assistance after the visit, please do not hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

doubleothree
Tuning in
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Katie, thanks for the response.

I have now rebooted the box. As usual when the box is rebooted, the Programme Guide disappears (perhaps this is another fault, or a symptom of the same fault??). I am now connecting to the Network to download the Programme Guide again.... this can take up to an hour.... I'll let you know when and if it comes back, as usually the first attempt does not work. 

FYI the recording of The Voice last night had several occurrences of freezing... 

I must add that I am seriously frustrated with this TiVo, and the lack of ability to offer a satisfactory resolution. Usually I am a defender of VirginMedia when others are critical. My loyalty is being tested with this issue and I really think that it would be great customer service if I was sent another box - perhaps even an upgrade to a V6 - I have heard of other instances of you doing this.

0 Kudos
doubleothree
Tuning in
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

TV Guide loaded and fine first time!

What is the next step?
julietgreen
Tuning in
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Yes. It was worth persevering through the hundreds of questions and hanging on the phone to speak to a human. I got a technician booked for the next day and made sure he came with a box. He confirmed that the problem was the old Tivo box and replaced it. Yes I lost everything saved as I knew I would, but it's all working well now - and so much faster!

0 Kudos
julietgreen
Tuning in
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I don't think the problem will resolve without replacing the box. See my post below. I had to be persistent and speak to someone on the phone. Once you get to that point, it's easy!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi doubleothree,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems after basic troubleshooting with your TV issue.

I'll send a Private Message to you so I can take a look and see what I can do.

Please reply back to it so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Quailey
Joining in
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem, called yesterday on 150, and was told I was being referred to another department who would " monitor me for 24hour's lol and call me back" as yet no return call, I'll give it another 24 hours, and I'll call back and cancel the lot.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Quailey,

When you called, what checks did they do? Are you able to give us more information about what you're experiencing?

Please give us more information so we can help with your specific case.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Quailey
Joining in
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

Thanks for prompt response, basically the programmes I'm recording are freezing on playback, normal TV is fine, the guy I spoke to asked if I'd turned if off and turned back on again, which I'd already tried, was asked to hold the line whilst he tried things , no idea what things are, then told I was being referred to a different department who would monitor me and call back within in 24 hours to arrange engineer or replacement, but not heard anything since. 

Regards 

Richard 

0 Kudos