Menu
doubleothree
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Freezing / pixelation

Hi

I have been having occasional freezing and pixelation when playing back recordings for a few months now and it has been something that we have endured. It has now become so bad that watching recordings on the TiVo is now annoying, and makes the programmes unwatchable. My daughter was so frustrated yesterday that she paid for the programme on Amazon Prime rather than endure the TiVo problem.

I called Virgin and they "rebooted" the box remotely, which "would solve the issue". This was before my daughter's problem, so clearly not been solved. What should I do now? I have no confidence in calling again.....

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freezing / pixelation

Is this ONLY when playing back recordings, and not when when watching iPlayer or other play-again channels? 

If so it does sound like a Tivo fault and you should phone it in for a replacement. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi to add to the other poster, pixalation usually points to signal level issues phone and go down the Tv faults route they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to come to you and adjust the signal levels.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

If it was low signal level the fault would not be limited to playback of recordings. Hence my question. 

0 Kudos
doubleothree
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, this ONLY happens on recording playback. It sometime happens on live TV rewind, pause and play, but I guess this is a recording as well.

jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

That certainly sounds like a disk fault in the TiVo. I would phone it in as a fault, or wait for forum staff to pick this up.

If the TiVo is replaced, you will lose any recordings on it - but if you can't watch them anyway it won't be a great loss.

doubleothree
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. That was my conclusion as well... the TiVo needs replacing. I do not have many recordings on it at present, and as you say they are unwatchable -  I had to revert to ITV Player last night to watch The Voice because of excessive freezing. 

How can I speed up contact from Forum Staff to get a new box sent? I have no confidence in calling them as they have always done the same; just rebooted the box! This also causes my Programme Guide to disappear.......

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid all you can do is wait. It can be hours or days, depending on factors I have never been able to establish...

0 Kudos
julietgreen
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same problem as you are. Interested in the outcome.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

There is another way of dealing with the offshore C/S.

After they perform whatever fix it is they deem appropriate, they're more than likely going to ask you "is it working now?"

Without telling you what to say, think very carefully about it.... the C/S agent can't exactly leave you without a resolution if theirs hasn't worked.....

0 Kudos