Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Freezing on Netflix or movies

I saw this Member's posts and this is exactly what is happening to us...the response he finally got was as posted below and this is what I would  like to happen How do I get  Virgin to respond to us In this way... had no replies and they promised to call Here’s the response the member posted...’Just  thought I’d update the forum on this topic. So after the initial teething problems with comms, the follow up communication has been excellent. And even better than that, an engineer was scheduled to come to the house the following day and he identified the issue as an outdated box, and so replaced it. He also checked my account and identified that I was eligible for a free WiFi booster and WiFi upgrade which he organised. Not had a chance to check out the freezing on demand issue yet, but I’m pretty sure it will be resolved. Superb service and outcome all round’ This is  what we would like to happen! Thank you 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freezing on Netflix or movies

Hi Elfynn,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for getting in touch. I do apologise that you've been having issues with On Demand services and have struggled to resolve this. It doesn't look like you've previously been in touch with us here, so I'm really sorry for any difficulty communicating with other departments.

It does look like you have an older broadband hub, but it appears that your TV box has been upgraded over the past couple of days. We have been phasing out our older TV boxes for some time now. All affected customers will have received on-screen messages and/or a letter to advise that an upgrade was necessary.

We recently switched off interactive services on our old boxes, following the removal of a number of other services and channels, to encourage any remaining customers to complete their required upgrade.

Has this TV issue been resolved by the recent upgrade?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have been experiencing problems with my Tivo with film recordings freezing 3/4 of the way through and not able to continue. I have now tried to watch a recording and my box says 'out of range', 'Starting up', but nothing, screen is blank and no sound.

If all old sets are being replaced why have I never received an on screen message or a letter advising of this. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi pdomanski,

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the service issues. We would only be notifying customers who have equipment that we're no longer providing support for in the future. I have ran a background check and there is a congestion issue in the area and this will explain the service issues you're experiencing. The fault reference is F007268486. The estimated fix date is the 4th March 2020. I'll send you a quick PM now to discuss the account further as well.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael

Thank you for the response. Yes we have had the box upgraded and the speed of navigation around the options is greatly improved. The freezing is significantly better but it still happens, maybe once or twice and for not as long and after about an hour of play, so although far better why does it does this at all ?

0 Kudos