Menu
JanetHarper
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Freezes to black screen & doesn't always record

Often during playback, it freezes to a black screen.  After several minutes, I restart it. And it plays again.  Sometimes I have to restart it multiple times.

Just set it to record the superbowl and it was totally black.  It has a partial recording of 6:30-6:30.  Meaning it didn't record anything. 

We just paid a fortune for this unit in October  and have had these reoccurring issues for the last few months but becoming more frequent. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freezes to black screen & doesn't always record

@JanetHarper wrote:

Often during playback, it freezes to a black screen.  After several minutes, I restart it. And it plays again.  Sometimes I have to restart it multiple times.

Your box doesn't sound well - have you called VM to report the fault? 150 from a Virgin phone, 0345 4541111 otherwise.

@JanetHarper wrote:

We just paid a fortune for this unit in October  and have had these reoccurring issues for the last few months but becoming more frequent. 

TiVo & V6 boxes are rented as part of your TV subscription with VM, I'm not sure what you mean by paying a fortune for it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos