Menu
Trains
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Flooding

My house is flooded and we have been moved and our Virgin Media products have been disconnected. Acc no [Removed] area 09.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flooding

Please don't post your account number on a public forum, could you please elaborate on what help you require 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

First of all delete your account number. This is a public forum and anyone could start to impersonate you with that kind of information. I'll ask the Mods to do it if you don't.

Secondly why are you posting? Do you want advice? If so here it is. Whether you are using your equipment or not you are still under contract and have to pay. If you have house insurance the cost can be reimbursed by your insurers. If the equipment is wet and damaged VM will replace it free of charge when you move back in. But you can't arrange this through this Forum. You'll have to phone in. 

If you don't want to pay you'll have to cancel your contract completely and start again when you move back in. Again to cancel phone in. 

03454 454 1111

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Trains

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was very sorry to hear about your situation. (We have now removed your personal information from the thread to protect your details)

In times of house damage like flood or fire, we do have the option to add what is called a Time Out to your account for a significant reduced package cost to keep your account open until you can return home. This can only be requested by the account holder and if the account has been open for more than 6months. The Time Out is usually available for between 3-6months.

You can request the Time Out via our Movers team - I am sorry but this is not something that we can add or authorise via our Community Forums. You can chat with movers on 150/03454541111 and select option 4 from the main cable menu and then option 3.

You can also pop us a text on 07533051809 and request to chat with our Movers Team

We do hope that you'll be back home soon and that you're safe and well. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You learn something new every day!

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Little known and little used @HowardML - it's very rare that we get this sort of query so I did have to check it was still a valid process. I'm happy to advise it is still one that is in use and can still be added if required 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos