Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Faulty box need replacement

Over the past 4 days i have spent 2 1/2 hrs on the phone waiting to get through to customer services to report a fault.

I currently have a box that keeps switching off every 20mins and then when it does decide to work the hard drives sounds like its ready to take off. I don’t need telephone support to tell me its on its way out and needs replacing.

As i don’t want to spend another 2 1/2 hours listening to the same hold music please can you arrange to send a technician round to replace this faulty box, thank you

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty box need replacement

Sorry to hear this, you can try the text service on 07533 051809 which takes a couple of days to respond.

VM staff currently have about a weeks worth of backlog, so I don't recommend giving up on calling in the meantime.

Cold comfort, but try calling earlier in the day if possible. FYI many replacements can be arranged via Quick Start thus avoiding the need for engineer visits.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks i’ll try dropping them a text.

Trouble is being at work i can’t spend all morning on phone waiting and if they don’t answer in the evening then i’ve got no chance.

Why don’t they have a online chat facility!! Surely that makes sence!

Very poor service not impressed virgin!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

After six days of trying finally got thought and received my new box yesterday!

I was hoping this was the end but no, after installing now got Error Code 7400 as the box needs activating.

Round Two day two still on hold!!

Anyone monitoring these post and can help cos this is getting ridicules!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's unlucky - quite often replacement kit is sent out pre-activated but a few of these are slipping through. Activations can only be done by phone...

And yes, VM do monitor posts on here but they work from the oldest unread post upwards and currently have about a week delay. So bumping posts that're several days old can potentially put you at the back of the queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin what is going on!!! Is it too late to move to sky!!!

Six days to get through for replacement box, Two days to get through to get it activated! Is this saga over is it heck!!

I don’t know what you have done to my account but i can no longer access the on demand services it states I need a subscription, everything was fine before you activated this new box... what have you done!!!

To anyone reading theses posts thinking of moving to virgin yes they do offer some good services but their customer service is terrible!! And the hold music is even worse. Go with sky instead!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Phbroughton wrote:

I don’t know what you have done to my account but i can no longer access the on demand services it states I need a subscription,

Which VOD services is this happening with... you've not said?

CatchUp? Box Sets? Sky Cinema?

Have you tried the channel refresh... Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its anything from the on demand or catchup what ever i click comes up with “upgrade to watch” if i click the only option is subscribe and it then takes me to upgrade your TV page.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Including standard ITV, C4 or CatchUp?

Try the channel refresh, and then reboot your box as a last resort.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

if i go through the app its fine, if i go through the on demand or catchup for particular program say ITV say require upgrade.

its the same on both my boxes so when they activated this new box they have changed a setting somewhere!

0 Kudos