Menu
hairpuller
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Tivo Remote.

Have been with VM for a very long time (originally with ntl before VM took them over). I am currently having problems with the VM Tivo remote and would like to get it changed but I cannot get through to any of the call centers even after 45 minutes on phone so trying to find a way of getting VM to send me a new remote.

Now the Tivo system is fairly old now and when we had a engineer out last year (he replaced all the old ntl cabling and the broadband hub) he told us that the Tivo box also needed to be replaced and put in a request for it to be done. Nothing happened over that at all.

Now the problem I am having with the Tivo remote is that some (not all) of the buttons on the remote have stopped working. They used to but they no longer do so. It is primarily the numeric keypad section where certain numbers work and the rest don't. This has now made it impossible to enter the parental password we have set and we cannot even take that off in settings as it asks you to enter it before we get to the remove password option.

Now I have tried phoning to no avail, Used Twitter to contact them again no response even after 72 hours.

SO. does anyone know of a way I can contact them or even get them on here so I can have a new remote.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Tivo Remote.

Hi hairpuller,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your remote. 

I will private message you so we can get one sent out. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Della21
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi all  

I have just joined this forum in complete frustration as I have been on hold with customer service for 30 minutes … then they cut me off.  I rang again and have been on hold for over an hour, but I have had to hang up as I have to go out soon. I know the automated message says they are busy, but no-one is answering the phone.

I am having the exact same problem as hairpuller. I’ve been with Virgin for over 9 years and have always had the old Tivo 500gb box which was replaced last year for another 500gb box.

The remote control needs to be replaced as some of the buttons do not work at all despite replacing the batteries.

Martin_N or anyone … can you help me ??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HI Della21, thanks for the message. I will send you a private message to get this looked in to for you. Chris.

Della21
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Wow, that was quick! Thank you Chris - if only your Customer Service telephone service was this speedy *sigh*

😀

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Della21, once we receive the answers to the questions given in the private message we will be able to have a look for you. We await your reply. Chris.

Della21
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can you check to see if you've received my reply. Thanks
0 Kudos
Della21
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can someone get back to me regarding this. Unfortunately i haven't heard from Chris_W1 and I would like a new remote sent to me
0 Kudos
Della21
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Chris, i've just replied to your PM
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding, we have ordered the remote and should be with you in 3-5 working days. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with. ^Chris