Menu
mglees
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Tivo Box

Good afternoon,

The Tivo box at the front of the house has stopped working. When it's turned on I get the multi language welcome then it tries to start up for about 10 mins, then turns off. I tried unplugging various connections and leaving on many occasions, as per instructions. The fault has been apparent for the last 4 days. The Tivo box at the back of house works perfectly but obviously won't connect with the other box.

I've called VM (150) on two occasions and been advised that I may have to wait an hour to speak with somebody. Both times the calls were terminated about 5 mins later after being advised there were no service issues. I have received an email advising the unplugging procedure, which I've done many times.

Why can't I contact someone at VM, not good customer service? Wow, is the best way seriously to write to them!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Faulty Tivo Box

Sounds like you've been "enjoying yourself" with the automated IVR!

Once the system has run its remote checks and (in your case incorrectly) advised there's no issues, it should do one of two things. Either put you through to the queue for an agent, or... hang up on you. If the latter, redialling immediately and repeating the process often works.

If this doesn't work, post back and the staff team should pick this post up. If you can call in and get past the IVR, it'll probably be quicker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mglees
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Got more or less straight through 2nd time.

Apparently, they are sending me a signal in the next 3hrs, can't wait!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just by means of warning, the remote hits that C/S send out don't tend to resolve boxes that won't bootup. They're often useful for issues with boxes that are running ok but have activation issues, or perhaps missing channels etc.

There's a first time for everything though, and I hope for your sake, I'm being unduly pessimistic.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mglees
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If it doesn't I'll try the Priestland method!

mglees
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for your valued assistance. You were correct, it didn't work after 3hrs and apparently 2 pushes.

All credit to VM, they, after a further call, arranged an engineer to come here the next morning. All sorted with a new box, regretfully lost all my fools & horses although I'm sure I'll have ample time to record.

Thank you for your help and assistance, hopefully won't be required later! 🙂 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know that your issues have now been resolved @mglees

I'm glad that the team was able to arrange an engineer visit for the next morning to get this sorted for you.

Please do let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos