Menu
moorey63
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Faulty TiVo box

We have two older TiVo boxes one of which is faulty. From cold It displays 'Starting Up' and then displays a green screen with a message along the lines of 'serious problem detected ... will attempt to fix .. may take 3Hrs'. Occasionally, if left, it restarts as normal but this rarely lasts longer than 10 minutes before it crashes again and sits there displaying seven multicoloured lights across the panel. I can't get through on the phone so...

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Faulty TiVo box

If the green screen says "The DVR has detected an error", then your hard drive has failed and you will need a replacement.

I'm afraid you'll need to call and be patient, this community forum isn't a direct alternative to calling through to report faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
moorey63
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts. That's the message. If that is the case and it's just a faulty hard disk drive can I physically replace it myself? I mean, I can, I build computers, but will a replacement disk be recognised by the box?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@moorey63 wrote:

Thanks Japitts. That's the message. If that is the case and it's just a faulty hard disk drive can I physically replace it myself? I mean, I can, I build computers, but will a replacement disk be recognised by the box?

No!! The box is rented from Virgin Media not owned by you. They will replace it FOC once it's diagnosed faulty, which a call to Virgin faults should do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos