Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Faulty TiVo box

Keeps scrolling through start up page, when it actually turns on !!! Require V box replacement as paying for service I can’t use !!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty TiVo box

If you definitely have a TiVo and not a V-HD (non-recording box) then you are best off calling Virgin to report your box faulty. 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

If it's genuinely an old V-HD non-recording box you have, then it's now obsolete and you need to call VM to arrange a swap to a newer TiVo or V6 box, I'm not sure what the current policy is. If you're not sure which box you have, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, if only it was that easy to call that number !!!! Was on hold for over an hour yesterday before I had to hang up !!!! Here we go again !!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Breif update, finally got through to VM, after a long wait, and indeed was told there was a fault with the Tivo box. Was then assured I would recieve a call from the 'Tech Team' within 4 hours, who could solve the issue, or arrange a new box (Ref # 25613161). Surprise surprise, I recieved no call from the Tech Team, after waiting in all night !!! I have expressd my frustration on the customer satisfaction survey, and if I'm not contacted by someone from VM, then I will be following the complaints procedure, and taking my custom elsewhere !!!!

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I gathered that would be the case, they’re bad at the best of times !!!!! 😡

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Realistically your complaints survey will go into a marketing inbox somewhere, and as much as I sympathise, unless individual customers persist with reporting (what could well be) single user faults, VM tend not to push fixes for them.

I'm going to flag this particular thread to VM forum staff as (yet another example of) promised callbacks that don't materialise, this may or may not lead to them responding sooner. Please don't give up on calling back in the meantime - do what it takes to get your issue resolved, and deal with the complaint after the dust has settled.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a new TiVo Box

I have a TIVO box, which is now stuck in start up loop. I would like it replacing with a V6 box, as I have had happen in the past when this issue occured on another TIVO box.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would strongly recommend persisting with the 150 call queues, to be perfectly honest. VM staff respond on here, but they can take upto a week to do so, and continual replies to forum threads can sometimes push posts down the queue.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pbatty69. Thanks for posting and welcome to our community, 

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your TV service.  I would like to take a closer look at this for you. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of yourscreen.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos