Menu
funkydiva_evey
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Faulty TiVo Set Box

Hello, can you help me on how to request a replacement TiVo set box / book an engineer without calling as no-one is answering for over 6 months, since the start of the pandemic, 23rd March 2020!!! 

I have been having a backward and forward conversation by text message, since yesterday, I am a vulnerable customer, with a chronic health condition, my Virgin TV TiVo is my main source of entertainment, I have had enough of this, the customer service has been very poor 😠 😢

I look forward to hearing from you, Plus I look forward to receiving a replacement TiVo set box that works!! Thank you.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty TiVo Set Box

Why do you need a replacement box - what exactly is wrong with your existing one? Forum staff work their way through posts on here, but it can take a few days.

This isn't trying to be awkward, but other community participants need to know what problems you are having in order to maybe offer advice, VM staff need to know in order to arrange anything necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
funkydiva_evey
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank for your message, I have received error messages on my tv screen advising me to restart then Tiivo box, check the cables, reboot the Tivo box, check the cables and so on and so on..

The error codes I have been having on screen are C130 and N27, I was advised on a text message yesterday morning and this morning that it may take up to 24 hours to get back to me.. I have followed the instructions I was given, but a solution has not been reached.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Great stuff - those errors tend to relate to a loss of internet connectivity. Just to make sure you definitely have a TiVo and not a V6 (if not sure, check here ) - only because with a V6, there's a few other things this error could relate to, that aren't necessarily a duff box.

With a TiVo, this isn't the case. Edit: On the basis this is a TiVo box, on the front-left there are 3 green lights and the middle one (next to a heart symbol) is your "online" light which should be solidly on. Is it?

Normally forum staff do take a few days to work their way through posts which is why we always recommend calling faults in if possible. If you can confirm which box you have first, then we may be able to flag this for quicker attention.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
funkydiva_evey
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 
I can confirm mine is a TiVo box, the box is on, but the three dots underneath the on/off panel are not lit.

0 Kudos
funkydiva_evey
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also the online light isn't illuminated either.

Thank you

0 Kudos
funkydiva_evey
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Update, an engineer is booked in on Thursday, as Virgin Media, technical team, have identified some faults with my TiVo box.
Thanks for your help, have a good evening,
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi funkydiva_evey, 

Please can you advise me if you also have a V6 (if you're a Virgin Media broadband customer) and if not would you consider swapping to that box? 

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
funkydiva_evey
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee, 

Thanks for your message, 'm all sorted now. Virgin Mediia, attended yesterday, the guy took one look and said my set box was an antique.

He replaced the box and gave me a new remote control 🙂

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm assuming you have a V6 box now?  🙂

0 Kudos