Menu
Vigaz1
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Box replacement needed

I have a TIVo box that I have to switch on and off to be able to select and watch tv. Sometimes it has error codes and it’s quite old so needs replacing but I can’t get through to anyone. Please help so frustrating I’m paying for service that I cannot use.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Box replacement needed

Although it probably won't change the end result, what are the error codes you're getting - can you be specific?

Does any of the advice on TV Error codes help?

What problems are you having with calling through to TV Faults to report your issues?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Vigaz1
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

W02 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yep, W02 is indicative of a signal fault - see https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/w02 

TV Faults should be able to arrange the necessary (either engineer visit or box-swap)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Vigaz1
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’ve gone through all the faults and steps. I cannot speak to anyone it’s sending me link to online and not putting me through to anyone on the phone!  

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vigaz1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your TiVo service. Apologies for the delayed response, I've run a remote diagnostic and currently not showing any issues. Are you able to confirm if the fault is still present or has things changed since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Vigaz1
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’ve moved the box to a different room but still keeps freezing. It’s quite old so would just like a replacement

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vigaz1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your set top box freezing,

I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues at all your levels are all where they should be, how have things been with the box since your last post?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Vigaz1
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Still freezing and slow. The box is the oldest in the house so had to swap for my sons one as his was newer and he uses it less. But does need replacing. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vigaz1,

Which box is it?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos