I need a new box I cannot get through to Virgin any way. How do I get to them 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault

Hi Doreen74,

Virgin won't provide a new box unless you go through the faults department and follow the tests.

It's possible we may be able to help you if you describe the problem with the box and any error messages.

Otherwise  you need to try the following processes.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team. 

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Fault

thank you wise owl for yesterday’s reply. My fault is. Channel titles say to be announced.  

All my planned recordings have disappeared. 

After about 10 mins it goes off and starts up again. 

A few weeks ago I managed to speak to an engineer and she talked me through a procedure but while waiting for a download she said it would take a while so finished the call. As soon as she went the tele went off. I have tried this several times to no avail. 

I wait up to 50/55 minutes to reach anyone then give up. 

i just need to get through to someone. I can’t find a way to email. Quite frustrated now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Doreen74,

After looking at your other post in the new thread you started Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Fault  it looks like your TIVO box losing its internet connection.

That will prevent the EPG updating and also effect planned recordings.

Using your remote go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection.

When was the last successful connection? You should be able to force a reconnection. Click on Connect to Virgin Media Service and after around 30minutes check that it says connected.   

The EPG should now re populate and your future planned recording should start working again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Doreen74 

I've merged your two threads into one to keep everything tidy 🙂

Just to clarify, are you using a TiVo or a V6 box? If you're not sure, check here - some advice on the internet-side of things does differ depending which box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Fault

Thank you for your comments re Virgin. It is getting ridiculous trying to contact Virgin. Voted the worst customer services. My TiVo box is useless. I have tried going to settings to try and get it connected again to the internet but I get to the last downloading and it goes off then returns to starting up. 

I have now gone to port configuration test and it tells me that the port  reds to be opened on my router and to look in manual. No help at all. Telling me to look at TCP port 80 and TCP port 7288. No idea!!! It runs a test but again just cuts out then tele goes off again. 

Cant even contact them to cancel subscription. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Doreen74 

Please, there's no need to create a new post every time - you can just hit "reply" in this thread and all your comments will be in the same place 🙂

Forget the port configuration test, that fails on perfectly working systems.

We've asked you a few times in previous posts which box you have, and that will help the forum offer some meaningful advice. Please click here , tell us which box you have, and this might help others on here to help.

I suspect you have a faulty box, and that will need reporting to VM. If you're able to confirm which box you have, we may just be able to help you report your issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I thought I had told you. It’s the TiVo box. Again sorry, im a bit too old for all this technology 🥴

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem, thanks for confirming.

Ok, it's quite likely you have a faulty box so I'd recommend you keep trying to call through to VM Faults to report it.

In this case, I've used a little VIP discretion and flagged this thread to VM Forum staff - I can't guarantee how long it will take, but it may just mean they can help you further on here.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Fault

Thank you all for your help with my problem. 

I am pleased to say following advice I now have a new box being delivered Tuesday. 

Again I am very grateful. 

Regards Doreen