dlc
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fault with Tivo box

TiVo box will not connect to the TV - mysteriously just stopped working 

Have checked and double checked all connections which appear to be working fine

Despite 'Starting Up' message showing initially it soon reverts to 'No Signal'

No idea whether the box itself is faulty and needs replaced or there is some other issue

Impossible to speak or communicate with anyone at Virgin!

Help or advice appreciated

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Fault with Tivo box

Sounds like the "No signal" is being generated by your T?V Which would suggest your TiVo/V6 is stuck in a boot loop.

Your next step is to call VM faults to report this - it's not impossible, just a patient waiting game as C/S are extremely busy at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dlc
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information.

However no luck in reporting the fault. Waiting for hours on phone only to be cut off. Waited 18 hours on web chat but to no avail!

There is literally no help and no way of reporting a fault! It is absolutely crazy. 

If I can't report the fault there is no way of resolving the issue. I have raised a complaint but am not holding my breath. 

Not sure what else can be done. 

May end up having to leave Virgin altogether as this is not acceptable practice from a 'service provider'.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try calling in the morning after C/S open at 8am, or perhaps mid-afternoon, wait times do vary but agents are available.

I won't try to defend excess wait times, but encourage you that you can get through... it's just taking a lot longer at the moment than it should do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dlc
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for your help and suggestions

After another failed call I actually got through to someone who was able to help and arrange an engineer appointment. Probably take a week but they were very understanding and had an excellent manner. 

Hopefully a result!

0 Kudos