cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor service

Garry2749
Tuning in

How can this company still operate with such poor customer service. These Indian call centers are atrocious.  How dose a communication company use a 3rd world country who's telephone lines keep constantly disconnecting. Any body ever managed to speak to a English speaking representative. 

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Garry2749

Welcome to the community. 

Really sorry to hear of your concerns you have with our services. I can assure you our call centres that we have a more than capable in dealing with any fault and service complaint you may have. 

If you have made any package changes these can take up to 30 days to disconnect. Bills will continue to generate as usual and as such if the bill is generate before the 30 day disconnection period and the disconnection date booked for that service, the bill will not show the pending disconnection and bill you as normal. Any overpayments that are made on this bill will be credit back to you on the next bill where you will also see the package change information and the bill breakdown. 

Can you confirm that your TV service is still active on the account or if you your self have made any package changes to your services that might have caused the TV to stop working? Do you see any error codes or messages at all on your  TV when trying to access it? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Garry2749
Tuning in

Another month gone by. Another bill for services my parents don't have. £132 now taken. Over 15 hours put into Indian call centres, complete waste of time. They should be on Phone only as according to Virgins own paperwork .  How doses this shower of **bleep** survive because its not on customer service that's for sure. Branson needs to get this sorted or shut it down.  The only way i can see to sort this is to cancel direct debit. I doubt were ever see the money back.

Hi there @Garry2749

Thank you for your post and we are very sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your services. 

We can run diagnostics and look into issues via these forums for you and try to get a resolution for you, but if we are to do this we need you to answer the questions we ask.

Can you answer the questions posed by colleague above your last post? 

Can I also confirm, is this your account or your parents? 

Thank you. 

Thanks Ashley can't run diagnostics ripped it all out.  Direct debit cancelled equipment on the lawn. They've been told to collect it ASAP,  they won't. I've no time left to deal with such a crap company. 

Bt coming Thursday. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Garry2749,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm very sorry that this has been your experience with our staff and our services. I can see that my colleague Carley previously addressed your issues almost a month ago and that message went unanswered. Our team is here to help you resolve your issues and we'll be more than happy to assist.

I'm very sorry if you have chosen to cancel your services with us. Did you contact us to cancel your TV services only, or your other Virgin Media services as well? You can read more about our cancellation policy on our website. 

We would advise against cancelling your Direct Debit as this will not stop payments being added to your account. This can result in arrears and late payment fees being added. As well as this, doing so can negatively impact your credit score.

You can read more about how to recycle or return our equipment on our Send It Back page.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Pauline

I am done with virgin.  The next contact will be Solicitors and small claims court.I've recoded all calls and kept e mails.  Equipment still not been collected, again was assured returns parcels were in the post twice. 

This Company shouldn't be in buisness. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Carley_S wrote: " I can assure you our call centres that we have a more than capable in dealing with any fault and service complaint you may have. "

😀. Good grief !

Carry 

Your call centres are a joke. They can't understand basic English.  Your communication system cuts out after 20 mins. Over 15 hours put into these idiots that can't comprehended simple problems. You can't even be bothered to pick your own equipment.  

I get WHY you are annoyed. Most of us been there at some point with the normal offshore CS.

The VM people on here usually try to help, it just takes a couple of days for them to respond through all the posts.

Leaving the equipment on the lawn may backfire. The law is very quirky in regards to "reasonable time" for them to collect and you could be giving an excuse for a small claims court/legal process outside of this for Virgin trying to recover the cost of the equipment if stolen or damaged by rain for example. The account holder entered into a hire agreement basically where it stipulates conditions in the contract about return of equipment.

In law, as stupid as it sounds, you have to leave the DD functional or pay some other way, as the bills, until proven inaccurate, will accumulate and the account holder's credit record will be affected and that is one lot of grief to then sort out. Once proven you would be refunded + any compensation. I hope the account holder factored in the 30 days notice period for cancellation of a service or services. as these would still appear on a future bill and then partial time amounts refunded at a later stage on another bill.

A small claims court will look at both sides of the story. If they deem you were being unreasonable, or performing action based on incorrect belief about billing, you'll lose. The company could counter claim that packaging for return was lost in the post, there have been postal strikes etc.

In short, you have to be very careful and sure as these companies are usually (but not always) operating within law, backed up by contractual terms. You don't want to add to the account holder's misery through emotional actions...

Hi 

I agree there buggers, our contract run out years ago. If I don't stop DD these clowns are gonna keep on taking money.  Can't allow that, as there's no help from the call centres. It's a case of now wait till they contact us. Hopeful it will be an English speaking agent.

Bt came today what a difference.  Keeping it basic this time . Firesticks and BBand. Lot better service using Firesticks. We've gone from £140 a month to £25 using streaming services.  Lot better. 

No more 3rd world call centres.