cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor service

Garry2749
Tuning in

How can this company still operate with such poor customer service. These Indian call centers are atrocious.  How dose a communication company use a 3rd world country who's telephone lines keep constantly disconnecting. Any body ever managed to speak to a English speaking representative. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… and yet, as requested, you haven’t supplied any information about your issue so you can get help to resolve it here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the issue with your VM-TiVo service?

Perhaps you can get the help you're looking for on this forum, if you can explain the problem you have.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Garry2749
Tuning in

Another day gone by dealing with these idiots. Text messages/ now What's app.  Official complaint placed, no one rings back. No ones seems interested.

Total lack of communication apartva strip Bot what ever that is.

Direct debit and Legal action coming on soon virgin media.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… and yet, as requested, you haven’t supplied any information about your issue so you can get help to resolve it here.

Garry2749
Tuning in
  • What a bunch of useless removed Taking money for a service we don't have. No more support for Tivo, no more Tivo boxes. Indian call centres that are frankly useless. Hours and hours lost trying to get help.
  • Time for legal action.
  • Done with Vigin Media. Mr Branson you should be ashamed of this sham of a company. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Well said!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Starting multiple threads won’t help but explaining your issue will.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In what way are VM "taking money for a service we don't have"?

You're being offered help on this forum if you explain your issues, but seem to want to rant and throw insults at VM staff instead.

If you want help, explain your issue.

Tivo packed up in June, after hours of trying to get through to call centre where no one can understand what your saying and constantly being cut of we get another tivo in the post. Looks like it's been kicked through a hedge. It lasts 3 days. Back on the phone hours trying to get through again only to be told there's no more Tivo boxes and no support for Tivo. It's agreed to go over to phone only and tv services cancelled. 

End of July we have a bill for TV. Back on the phone days going round in circles. Can't  speak to an English person. In goes a complaint . Round and round we go.  Terrible service .  Direct debit will be cancelled tomorrow. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Garry2749 wrote:

told there's no more Tivo boxes and no support for Tivo. It's agreed to go over to phone only and tv services cancelled. 

End of July we have a bill for TV. Back on the phone days going round in circles. Can't  speak to an English person. In goes a complaint . Round and round we go.  Terrible service .  Direct debit will be cancelled tomorrow

There's a few bits in here, which seems to be the crux of your tale.

You're correct to say that TiVo replacements have been stopped since a couple of months now, and replacements are now V6 which need VM home broadband. You've not said, but I presume you don't have VM broadband, and therefore had the choice between taking it out, and cancelling your TV service. You chose the latter - fine.

When you received a bill for TV end of July, were the dates on this bill covering period after the cancellation? If so, then that would seem to be a billing error - if not, it could be misunderstanding so this is perhaps worth checking.

I'll just pick up on the bit I've emboldened - be careful with cancelling your regular payments without some regard for the consequences. There are numerous tales on this forum of VM's automated payments systems taking a dim view of this, and credit files being impacted - and haunting you for years to come.

VM staff respond on these boards, and may be able to untangle this for you - saving a lot of hassle all-round. I'd recommend giving them a chance. If they fail, then there's other courses of action that can be suggested, but at least be patient for a few days and give them the benefit of a chance. Like I say, it may just save you a lot of hassle in the long run.