Menu
Bluejulie256
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Existing customer v6 upgrade

My tv service went wrong in early March just after lockdown. The picture pixelates and often freezes. I ran virgin who ran the checks and said I need an engineer and probably a new box. I am old, vulnerable and been shielding. I also live in Kirklees and we still are in special conditions due to Covid-19.  I said I can’t have an engineer so have lived with this worsening problem for 6 months now but am still paying for a full service!! I read the new V6 box can be sent out without needing an engineer - if this is so would I be able to have this. It’s now got where half the screen pixelates after a while, freezes and when I change channels it often says I’m not subscribed. I’ve paid a fortune in the last 6 months for something I am not getting. All virgin does is fob me off.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer v6 upgrade

Hi Bluejulie256,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues since March with our TV services with pixalating and freezing.

Unfortunately with this kind of issues sometimes changing the box does not resolve this problem at all. Looking from our end with the details you have provided from your community profile we can see there is an issue with your input levels which will require an engineer to attend.

As you advised you are shielding and cannot have any body visit at present we can offer some advice in the meantime to see if the alleviates the issues for you.

Please can you make sure all the cables are tight and secure at the back to of the box and TV.

Have you been able to try a different HDMI cable in the TV?

Lastly has rebooting the box helped at all?

You can check our link here  as this may give you some hints and tips to help in the current circumstances.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos