cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange/Update TIVO for a V6 Box

Drumster53
Tuning in

Need to update/exchange our TIVO for a V6 Box - How is this achieved?

Our Android tv is over 5 years old and we are unable to download the ITVX app for the TV so the only option is to change the box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've suggested two alternate routes to get a V6.

@Drumster53 wrote:

Keeping my options open but to be fair the "opposition" is coming up with a good deal so I will have to see how "retentions" approach this problem.. 

If you take option 2, be fully prepared for a sales pitch on a TV360. It may suit you, it may not - but be aware, and be prepared. TV360 is fundamentally not TiVo, which V6 is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's not been a proactive exchange programme since several years, however...

1: If you are ever renegotiating your package, you could ask for a box-swap as part of that. Be aware CS will very likely encourage you to convert to TV360, although they'll probably use the phrase "upgrade". TV360 is different to V6 in the same way Apple is different to Android - opinions vary wildly. With that in mind...

2: Faulty TiVo's are no longer replaced, but are swapped out to V6 as a matter of course. Is your TiVo functioning OK?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Drumster53, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

We would change the set top box for you if a replacement is needed due to a fault. 

You will also be able to upgrade to the latest box by calling retentions and as per the information  provided by Japitts. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Many thanks for your info Chris.

This has been so frustrating until the recent connection to this community as I am know getting good (I hope?) info.

Keeping my options open but to be fair the "opposition" is coming up with a good deal so I will have to see how "retentions" approach this problem.. 

Many thanks. John.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've suggested two alternate routes to get a V6.

@Drumster53 wrote:

If you take option 2, be fully prepared for a sales pitch on a TV360. It may suit you, it may not - but be aware, and be prepared. TV360 is fundamentally not TiVo, which V6 is.

Yes, TV is working fine and is Android - However its  just about 5 years old and some of the new aps are not compatible due to the TV's age so its not possible to "load" ITVX - Its not the end of the world just really frustrating. Will explore all options before proceeding. Many thanks for your help and advice.

Thank you @Drumster53 please do keep us updated with what you decide.