Menu
Clairfarr70
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet not connected but it is channels not changing over red flashing light TiVo box

Channel guide saying to be announced red flashing light on TiVo box also error message saying Ethernet cable not connected but it is can’t get any apps broadband ok internet fine on phones but not on tv don’t connect to internet 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet not connected but it is channels not changing over red flashing light TiVo box

Hi Clairfarr70, thanks for your post.

Sorry for the trouble you've had with the TV service. 

Unfortunately I was unable to find your account using your forum details. Have you been able to check for related known issues on our service status page: virg.in/service? If you sign in from there you can also run tests on your equipment which may offer a solution.

If there's nothing communicated that could be causing the problem don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a further look.

Alternatively you can text our cable-care team on 07533051809 (Mon - Sat 8am - 8pm) or give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111.

Tom

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet not connected but it is channels not changing over red flashing light TiVo box

Hi as you have posted on the TiVo section I'm assuming you have an older TiVo box in which case you don't need to be connected as it has built in internet.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@LittleMick73 wrote:
Hi as you have posted on the TiVo section I'm assuming you have an older TiVo box in which case you don't need to be connected as it has built in internet.Regards Micky

Correct to say... but it's just a virtual connection instead. I've had issues with the internet connection on my TiVo dropping following an area fault in the past - a call to VM-faults resulted in them remotely reconnecting it.

The main thing is to look at the green light on the front of the TiVo to the right of the power LED. That heartbeat light will flash if there's no return path (which means the box is effectively offline) or be solid if you are "online".

0 Kudos