Menu
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error codes 7400 + others

Hello every one. I am having a problem, I seem to have lost most of my chanels. (only have a handful left) and those have a box with an error code 7400. I have followed the instructions and re-started the box, even restarted the hub etc. and I still get the code. I have tried calling but due to coronavirus the call centers are closed. I simply cant get it to go, I have also had a code M63 and A01 whilst following the instructions to restart. Any help would be appreciated. Judy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error codes 7400 + others

Hi Judy,

It's odd that you ahve 3 unrelated error numbers.

Error 7400 usually means that the box needs activating or reactivating. This generally appears when it's either  a new or replacement box, or one that hasn't been used in around 30 days or more.  If any of the aboce applies then you should follow the instructions for that error virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 

Error A01 is used when you can't get an app to play because the box has lost it's internet connection - in a way this could be related to the error 7400 as the box needs an internet connection to perform fully.  To try and rectify this issue ( hopefully clearing 2 issues in one) follow these instrcutions to try and connect the box to the internet.

Using your TV box remote:

1. Select the home button
  2. Use the directional buttons to select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Network
  5. Select Connection in progress: get status or Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

The other error M63 will definitely need calling in if the others don't work as it shows that there's a problem with the way your account is set up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the swift reply, I have tried the reset, and the connection is ok. but I still get the 7400 code. The box has been in use for 3 years or so without problem and last night it came up with this message. following the instructions on how to solve the problem it has also come up with the other two codes at various times but after another reset it comes back to the original 7400  . I think I need the office to reset the account from there end but there is no way of contacting anyone as the call centres are all closed. I am waiting for a message back but that could take 24 hours plus.   Thanks, J

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Judy,

Thanks for the update. 

The call centres open at 8am and that's the best time to get through as it's least busy then.  They are still open, so ignore any messages that they are closed and don't put the phone down, it will eventually be picked up by an agent. Put the phone on loudspeaker, grab some nibbles and drinks, throw some imaginary darts at a picture of the VM logo, but don't kick the poor dart.

Good luck, and stay safe.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but the line gets auto disconected when I try the help lines etc, I will keep trying. Thanks, again, J

0 Kudos