0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code tvq-pb-101(3.3-302)

Are you using a TIVo or a V6 box?If not sure, check here 

Your underlying problem could potentially be the box's internet connection, which differs between the 2 models.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A Tivo Series 4 Premier model Samsung SMT-C7100

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It has been connected for several years but I have been having the problem for over 12 months. I was just on hold with Virgin Media helpdesk for one hour and one minute and it cut me off!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so it's a TiVo and not a V6 - this means the internet connection is hard-wired in. You will likely end up calling faults to report this, but hopefully this might point you in the right direction.

Your box doesn't use your home internet, but rather has a cablemodem inbuilt. On the front-left of the box there's a series of green lights - second from left has a painted heart symbol next to it and indicates your box's online/internet status. It should be solidly on, but I suspect it won't be.

If & when that light flashes, your box is offline and doesn't have an internet connection - anything that uses the internet will fail. That's a fault, and likely needs a new box.

By a bit of background advice... the TiVo, whilst being perfectly serviceable, is an old box and is not ideally suited to the streaming apps. If you have VM broadband and am happy to re-contract for 12/18months, I would look very seriously at swapping to one of the newer V6 boxes. It runs the same software as the TiVo, but is a LOT quicker, handles many more streaming apps and has 6 recording tuners rather than the TiVo's 3

You may well find, especially if you've had the TiVo a while, that you're on an older package and there may be a newer, more cost-effective one available. If you can change to one, and get a V6 into the bargain, win win!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box freezes

I’ve had the same problem for 6 months without resolution. I finally got so fed up yesterday I tried to speak to someone to have one last attempt before cancelling my contract. After being on hold for one hour, the call automatically cuts off! I did this twice. I also sent messages online via the bot but no one has contacted me. 

it’s shocking customer service and poor equipment 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box freezes

Hi JohnClogan,

Thanks for posting on our forums, I am sorry you're having this issue with your Tivo box. I will be more than happy to look into it for you. 
I would just like to ask a few questions first to get to grips with the problem - 
•    What are you watching when this issue occurs? Live TV or On Demand?
•    How is your box connected to the HUB? WIFI or Wired?
•    Are there any error codes on the screen when this issue occurs?
•    Are there any lights on the front of the Tivo or HUB when it occurs?
I also have a few links here that help with general issues -
•    Picture Distortion
•    Sound Issues
•    Error Code List
Please let me know the answers to the questions and try the troubleshooting links before coming back. 
Thanks, 
Megan_L

0 Kudos