Menu
mrscwb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Error code N27 - driving me mad!

Is anyone else having issues with this error code? Every time I try to watch something on Demand or Catchup it repeatedly crashes and I get thus error code. Tonight I’ve had to reboot the connection 5 times within 25 minutes!! 

I’ve checked all the connections and there isn’t an Ethernet cable so it is impossible to be unplugged. It’s a 2nd box (TiVo not V6) in a different room to the router if that makes any difference. 

This is not the first time I’ve had this problem btw

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code N27 - driving me mad!

You've mentioned this is a TiVo box... when the connection drops and you get the error message, the lights on the front of the box are the next place to check.

From L-R, you have 3 green lights. 1: Power, should be permanently on, 2: Heartbeat/Onine: This should be permanently on, I suspect in your case it won't be, 3: Remote input.

What's happening with light "2" - both in general use, and when the connection drops? I'd expect to see it flashing?

The TiVo has its internet connection hardwired, and it comes down the same coax that provides your TV signal. How are your live TV pictures?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Liz2409
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I appear to have only 2 green lights and they are steady at the moment. I will check if one of them flashes the next time the connection drops. The live tv is fine

0 Kudos
mrscwb
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Checked the green lights, neither are flashing but still getting the buffering, making it impossible to watch anything!! 

It’s impossible to get through to Virgin to speak to someone about this which is really frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello mrscwb,

Sorry to hear about your TiVo Box giving an error message and can understand that it's frustrating. I've had a nosey at your TiVo box's details and can't find any issues with it. You mentioned that it's not possible to connect it to the internet via an ethernet cable but it could be the internal modem or the WiFi in your home.

I've checked your broadband details and can't find any issues with it and everything is well within range and no errors. I've had a look at your WiFi also and can see some strong signals. Can you see if it throws that error message even when no other device is using the WiFi network? I just need something more to see if it could be the internal modem.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
mrscwb
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa, yes it does. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can be sure that I'm looking at the right account. Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming the details @mrscwb and I've rechecked the details again. I've arranged for a replacement TiVo to be sent to the address and should arrive within 5 days so please keep an eye out for it.  The details can also be found via the online account and let us know if there are any problems with it once it's been activated.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
mrscwb
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou Lisa. Will this mean I lose everything that is currently saved to my existing box?

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately yes as the content is stored on the actual hard drive of the existing box.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos