Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Error code 7400 - needs activating but call centres are closed HELP PLEASE! :-(

Hi, please can someone help?

I have a tivo box in spare bedroom which has not been used for a while - not sure if I deactivated (is that possible?!) but error code 7400 is on the screen and I only have BBC, ITV etc.  When I tried to re-set the box it still has the same error.  When I call the activation line it states that centres are closed so it's 'easier to communicate via text' - I have typed in my mobile number and automated message says 'great, we have sent you a text'  - they haven't!

I know the serial number of the box, I have the account number and area number but I cannot speak to anyone.... please, please can someone help so that my son can have access to tv upstairs?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 7400 - needs activating but call centres are closed HELP PLEASE! :-(

Unfortunately box activation queries can only be dealt with by phone.

Quite often the automated line 0800 9539000 can complete this process without needing recourse to an agent, but if one is required I'm afraid you will just have to be patient.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 7400 - needs activating but call centres are closed HELP PLEASE! :-(

Thank you for replying, but they don't seem to have managed to text me - I'm happy to wait but I haven't even received the confirmation text after giving my mobile number.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi as stated you need to phone, a text is not a phone call. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky,

Thanks - I know lol - but when I phone it states call/contact centres are closed and then goes on to say leave your mobile number and we can try to resolve your problem via text....

But I have heard nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stellsie07,

If the automated Activation line isn't picking up you could try the following.

You need will to speak to the Sales department in order to get your box and TV services reactivated.

Please call 150 from a Virgin landline , or 0345 454 1111 and choose option 1, 4 then 1

You can also send a  text to 07533 051 809, however using this method will take a few days.. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos