Menu
philh77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Error code 603

I've been having issues with catch up for 2 or 3 months getting the 603 error. Have checked and followed the online help and my equipment is HDCP 2.2. I have had no issues in the past. Tried rebooting, reconnecting cables, connecting to different HDMI ports all with no success. This is now very frustrating more so considering how much I pay for my service each month and I can't take full advantage of what I am paying for.

Does anyone have any sensible suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 603

Hi philh77,

Have you tried changing the display output to 1080p on the set top box and let the TV process the higher resolutions?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
philh77
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Tried that but it makes no difference. If it wasn't for the broadband, I woould be thinking of jumping ship and going elsewhere.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you using an HDMI splitter or anything similar? That's been known to cause this issue.

And confirm that dropping your output to 1080 made no difference? HDCP is enforced on 2160 output, so if you're having issues on 1080, it suggests something else is awry.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
philh77
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No HDMI splitter.

Virgin box goes through my Onkyo receiver then into TV. Not had any issues with this until fairly recently, so am, guessing it's an update to the Tivo box that's causing the issue.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Righto - what's the model of the Onkyo & also your TV make/model?

HDCP2.2 has recently been made mandatory for watching VOD on 2160 on the V6

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
philh77
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The Onkyo is TX-RZ830 and the TV is LG OLED65C8PLA both are HDCP2.2 rated according to the specifications. I have had no problems until fairly recently. My TIVO box was set to Auto for the video output format and I've tried both the 1080p options individually and setting to 2160p (both) and 1080p (both) but still no joy.

0 Kudos