Menu
clareamor
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Error code 602

For months now both our tiro boxes show the code 602 when we try to watch anything on demand. We seem to be able to get about 20 minutes and then it cuts out to the error code. We have to wait 5/10 minutes and then we can get back in but as you can imagine it's very annoying.TBH we rarely used it before but find ourselves wanting to watch more films during lockdown.

I have tried rebooting both the boxes but to no avail. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
clareamor
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 602

It's just happened again and it had an error code of C130. It's so annoying!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

First thing, which boxes do you have? Internet connectivity, and therefore advice for this issue, does vary.

Check here If you're not sure.

You've not mentioned any issues with live TV so I assume that's ok?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
clareamor
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They are TIVO boxes. The one in the front room is connected directly to the white cable. Both drop out.

0 Kudos
clareamor
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry yes live TV is absolutely fine. No issues with the wifi as I have a smart tv and can watch amazon prime/netflix on it with no issues.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The online advice for Error 602 unfortunately, isn't a great amount of use in this specific situation.

Many issues with OnDemand with the TiVo boxes are caused by the inbuilt internet failing without the user realising. It can be easily checked.. on the front-left of the box are a series of green lights, the second-from-left has a painted heary symbol on the box and represents the internal internet connection - separate from your home broadband.

If this light is static, the box has an internet connection and can therefore use OnDemand, streaming apps etc. If the light is flashing, the internal internet has failed and nothing "online" will work. It's a fault and should be reported, but is entirely separate from the live TV channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
clareamor
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's just happened again and the green light is flashing. All the other devices connected to the internet are still online so it would make sense that it is an internal problem with the box, but surprising that both boxes have the same fault.

How do I report a fault with my boxes? Can I do it online or so I need to call them?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unfortunately you need to call Virgin to do this. At least you have the "buzzword bingo" that you can be quite specific that your online light is flashing - rather than just say "my on demand is having problems" which can have all manner of possible causes. If the agent asks how you know, by all means tell them, but if a TiVo's online light is flashing, there's only 2 sensible outcomes..

1: Engineer visit

2: Box replacement

Which one, will depend on a few other factors (Covid restrictions being but one) and would be for the faults agent to determine.

0 Kudos
clareamor
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for your help.

We've been trying to watch a film and it has cut out about 6 times. It now keeps saying the ethernet cable is disconnected but it is plugged in.

I will call them tomorrow. Fingers crossed it doesn't take all day..

0 Kudos