Menu
Gill79
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Error Code W02 and Pixellation Issues

Hi

I've been having pixellation issues since the beginning of lockdown in March on various channels and now have error code W02 on at least 24 channels including itv2, itv3, itv4, e4 etc.

There are no service status issues in my area and I've ran all the relevant tests I've been directed to do by the online help. I was then directed to phone for help but all I got was a message saying the call centres were closed due to coronavirus and a link was sent to my mobile which just sent me around in a circle telling me to phone for help.

From similar posts I've read, I presume I need an engineer.  Can someone please sort this out for me as I'm finding it impossible to reach anyone by phone and don't know what else to do.

Thanks.

Gillian

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code W02 and Pixellation Issues

I could ask you to itemise the channels that are affected as a diagnostic exercise, but I suspect it will only serve to confirm what it already sounds like, that you either have a failing box or a problem with your cabling - and yes, it certainly needs Virgin to intervene. Either by an engineer visit or a box replacement.

Forum staff on here may take a few days to respond to you, so it's worth just making sure that the obvious questions have been covered off before they do...

1: Presumably you've rebooted the box?

2: Have you tried other HDMI cables, to disprove a cabling issue?

3: Is this the only box you have in the house, if not can you try swapping the boxes round?

4: Is it mainly SD/HD channels affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gill79
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code W02 and Pixellation Issues

Hi Japitts

Ive managed to get through to virgin media by phone today and they’re sending out an engineer tomorrow. The message I got when I phoned yesterday was that they were closed due to coronavirus but maybe they’re opening hours have changed but not been updated on their website.

I had tried all your suggestions and more but still not working, in fact more channels have got the error message today than yesterday. But hopefully will be sorted tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos