Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Error Code (M58)

This error code on my TiVo box is about not having connected to Virgin Media service for more than 30 days.
Have been through diagnostic checks and apparently things are ok. I've checked all the cabling and it all seems to be tight yet it's saying "Network Cable is Unplugged".
It is connected ok to the router however a weeks ago I attempted to connect a wifi router booster unsuccessfully could this have had an impact on the TiVo box that I wouldn't be aware of at the time and only now comes to light or is that simply coincidence?
Either way it's not working and cannot get hold of a real live person at Virgin Media to talk me through it or arrange an engineer.
Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code (M58)

Assuming you definitely have a TiVo and not a V6... the router connection is only for linking multiple TiVo boxes in your home together, all your services come down the coax connection.

The advice on error code help pretty much covers all that I would suggest, so if that's failed to resolve it you will need to call VM.

150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow options for "I have a fault with my TV service". You may find the automated service tries to resolve the fault for you, and you then need to callback 10minutes later once it's failed.

Virgin staff can take upto a week to respond on here, so don't give up trying in the meantime 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code (M58)

Thank you.
Yeah I've followed the instructions but no joy, I didn't realise if you rang back quickly you could get to speak to someone.
Many thanks

0 Kudos