Menu
JEP1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error Code ES072

Am so frustrated.  Have finally managed to get through to speak to someone about the fact that we purchased a film last night for £13.99 but can't watch it because an error code comes up.  I've been trying to sort this out for a couple of hours now, searching for the code on Virgin's website (it's not there) and then googling it and doing all the things that have been recommended to others with the same  ES072 error code.  (They haven't worked). Trying to get through to a human on Virgin is no easy feat, but I managed it, and was put through to two different "faults departments" only to be told they have no record of my purchase and can't help with the error code either.  Can I call back in 48 hours and maybe they can help then?  

What rubbish service.  A faults department that can't help with their own error code?  Needs a bit of a rethink Virgin!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code ES072

A couple of things:

1. The Virgin Media Store have a different support team, so you won’t get an answer by phoning Virgin Media.

Virgin Media Store support: 

https://www.virginmediastore.com/pages/contact

2. It’s always worth searching any forum first to see if your issue has been reported and solved before. Try this for instance:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Virgin-media-store-error-ES0072/m-p/4543088#M200802

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JEP1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Ernie

I did actually have a look for error code ES072 on this platform before I posted.  I tried the various suggestions, but had no luck.  No matter, as we're leaving Virgin for BT next week anyway

However I did want to thank you for the Virgin Media Store's contact details.  I'm sure I'll have more luck with them in getting a refund for the film we purchased.

Best wishes,

JEP

aldo_c
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good luck with BT Broadband...
0 Kudos