Menu
CheekyMonk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Error Code ES071

Purchased a couple of episodes from the Virgin Media store and the viewing keeps getting interrupted because of this stupid error code. 

I have read similar posts about the same subject but I am not sure who to contact or what to do at this hour. 

Sick of watching anything from VMS or watching from their On Demand service because of the plethora of error codes which interrupt the viewing.

Please help.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
CheekyMonk
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code ES071

I should also add that the above error code is usually followed by the C130 error code. I have to go through the same rigmarole every single time... losing the will... currently on my fifth stoppage on a 40 minute episode.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Do you have a TiVo or a V6 box? If you're not sure, check here - if you have a V6, how is it connected to your homehub?

If you have a TiVo, it's slightly older hardware but the internet connection is hardwired and inbuilt.

If you're using a V6, it's a much newer box but relies on a connection to your homehub for internet - which can be wired (recommended) or wireless.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi CheekyMonk,

You could contact the Virgin Media Store is 0800 027 0801 regarding the fault Error Code ES071, as that's a specific VM Store code

However you are also seeing Error C130 which relates to your Tivo box losing the broadband connection.

Using your TV box remote:

1. Select the home button
  2. Use the directional buttons to select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Network
  5. Select Connection in progress: get status or Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
CheekyMonk
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks... I was watching on a Tivo box.

It took me around five hours to watch four 40-minute episodes once all the interruptions were factored in.

I noticed the C130 error (and an N27 error I think) previously whilst watching stuff on the On Demand bit. 

I cannot recall a single episode which wasn't interrupted. All the error codes are just excuses. Why have a glitchy system?!

0 Kudos
CheekyMonk
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. 

I do the network connection thing by following the prompts as they appear. Always takes around 3 or 4 attempts before it apparently reconnects.

I wish I didn't have to use VMS or the On Demand service but some times needs must 😕 

I managed to get through the episodes in the end... I don't have the energy to call Virgin or VMS at the moment because my last few attempts to contact them to discuss broadband issues has ended up with me being on the phone to them for over an hour including all the waiting time. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

On the front-left of your TiVo, there are 3 green lights. From L-R, "power" should be permanently on, "heartbeat" or "online" should be permanently on, and then remote input flashes.

When the connection drops or your VOD stops, does the middle/online light flash? If so, the TiVo's internal modem is losing connection which is more than likely a box fault - unless you're also having problems with your home broadband.

Unfortunately VM aren't the only company to have longer wait times at the moment, you may get more success by calling soon after they open at 8am, or perhaps calling from a phone with handsfree/speakerphone and getting on with something else while you wait.

Forum staff on here work through posts, but it can sometimes take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

CheekyMonk
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that... I haven't used the VOD since the other day but I shall look out for the lights next time I use it to help narrow the issue. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello CheekyMonk

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention

Sorry to hear its happening though 

As we havent had a reply since last Wednesday I hope this matter has fixed its self now

If not can you let me know, So I can look at a few things from here 

Gareth_L

CheekyMonk
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth, 

I haven't used VOD since that painful evening but I am planning to watch Season 1 of Condor via the VOD service so I will update again in due course if that helps?

Kind Regards, 

CM

0 Kudos