Menu
Tenorman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Error C130

I've had a flashing green light showing no network connection and a C130 error for the last few days. There is still a tv signla coming through the same cable, so the cable is connected. Online tests just tell me my box is off or cable unplugged. I managed to get through to customer service a day or two ago, but the server was down and they couldn't help. When I've tried since I've been on hold for over 20 minutes with no reply. PLease can someone contact me.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error C130

Hi Tenorman, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, im sorry you're having this issue with your WIFI. 

I've got a link here - C130 E - which has some flows that might help troubleshoot the issue. 

Can I ask if you've got the HUB on modem mode as well? I've done a service check and I can see this is turned on which could be causing the issue. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Tenorman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the super hub is in modem mode as I use a stronger WiFi router. Why would this cause issues with the Tivo box?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This sometimes could interfere with the signal coming from the router, could you try turning modem mode off and see if this rectifies any of the issues?

Also, if you could follow the flows in the link provided above it may help as well. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
julieannbateman
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have just turned my Tivo box/Hub 3 to modem mode as I have purchased a set of TP Link Deco to improve the terrible wifi in my house! I now cannot get NANY apps eg Netflix etc.... can anyone help??

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi julieannbateman,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. 

Is this happening on different devices? 

^Martin

julieannbateman
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hello sorry for late reply. The c-130 error comes up when I try to access certain functions for example Netflix and some of the recording options. I have put the box into modem mode as I now have a TP-Link Deco system. Is it possible to still have Netflix while the box is in modem mode?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information.

If this is in regards to your Tivo box then the Hub being in modem mode should not affect this, are you currently able to use Netflix on any other devices or is this not working for all devices connected to the internet? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Tenorman
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I was advised (above in this thread) that having the superhub in modem mode does interfere with on demand services. That's really not satisfactory as the wifi strength of the hub is pretty poor, and so like many others I need a stronger router to broadcast wifi around the house. My only solution to this was to buy an internet tv that contained Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc as inbuilt apps so I don't have to use the TiVo box for them. I also find that UKTV Play is free, despite having to pay for a higher subscription level to access it through the Tivo box. I can also now access Amazon Prime, without having to pay the extra amount that Virgin wanted for a more advanced box to run the Prime app. In fact, I'm wondering now why I'm bothering with a Tivo box at all, and why I'm paying an ever increasing amount to Virgin for basically a broadband and phone service.

julieannbateman
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi I can get Netflix on my laptop, my tv in another room via the Deco disk... but the TV in the house (plugged into the ethernet cable to the box) says C130 error - no connection 😞 The only advise I have had so far is to reboot the box, but that will take it out of modem mode and will mess up the DEco discs!

0 Kudos