Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error 7400 Code

Hi all

I have an error 7400 code on the Tivo box in our bedroom. This is the first time I have used the box, but it was installed 2-3 months ago. 

I appreciate it needs activating, but getting hold of anyone in Virgin is a nightmare at the minute. I have run tests through my account, but this hasn't resolved it. All this does it run the test, say nothing has been found, advise to switch off the box, then if the fault still exists (which it does)...you start the process again. 

Is there a moderator that can just send the activation code, without me having to wait on the phone for several hours?

Thanks

Pete

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 7400 Code

Hi PeteBoyle,
I had to wait on 150 for hours during the day but at least I got to speak to someone. I had been using the 'message us' facility for 17 days to no avail. Speaking to someone sorted it in 10 mins.
You might like to see my last Code 7400 entry on another thread for a possible resolution.
Good luck!
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete,

Sorry to see you are haiving problems activating your second box.

It's usually best to call first thing on a morning at 8am, or around teatime.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@PaulW5 wrote:

You might like to see my last Code 7400 entry on another thread for a possible resolution.
Good luck!

For the benefit of anyone reading this thread, VM online help at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 covers it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos