Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Error 604 tried everything

I had a new v6 box installed in August and have not been able to watch any on demand/ catch up (works fine on my other v6 box in another room). Have error 604 come up to say temporarily unavailable. I have called virgin and they sent an engineer to install new box which once set up on demand worked but again after less than 24 hours the error message has come up again! I have a Sony KD-55X8505B. I read another community post to change your settings to 1080 rather than 2160p, but this still hasn’t helped...am I missing something??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error 604 tried everything

Is your other V6 connected to a 4K UHD TV? If it is, try swapping the boxes round.

The users manual isn't much use for this TV, but AV Forums article suggests HDMI 2 & 3 are the ones to use, while Sony help forum implies HDMI 1 & 2.

I suspect Sony help just muddies the water further.

Not much help I know... apart from demonstrating that a lot of the HDCP issues are probably caused by older TV sets 😞

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 604 tried everything

I’ve managed to fix it (I think!)

I have moved the HDMI into HDMI/MHL2 and changed the video output on the V6 to “automatic settings” and it seems to have sorted it. I’m now thinking there was nothing wrong with the previous box! Bit weird the engineer didn’t know how to fix the error, but after 2 months of no on demand or catch up I’m happy 👍🏻

thanks so much for your help! Wish I’d posted sooner!

0 Kudos