Menu
Wellinghammer
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Equipment not functioning properly

There is so much going wrong at the moment. I have the full tv and top speed broadband package yet issues just during the last few days include:

slow and hanging internet speeds, only two devices maximum browsing the the internet. (Verifying  my email to sign in to this service failed the first time as the internet connection was lost!)

tv recordings pixelating so that they cannot be watched.

series link recording failing to record.

i have all the original equipment installed when I first joined and I am beginning to think it is worn out. Either replace it or I am off to Sky....

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Equipment not functioning properly

Hi have you reported these issues to Virgin on the phone, that is the best way to do this, I appreciate it's not easy to get through, posts on here are answered in rotation so may take 3 or 4 days for a response from a virgin person to respond. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Wellinghammer wrote:

tv recordings pixelating so that they cannot be watched.

Probably a service fault - call Virgin and report it, so they can investigate and fix it.

@Wellinghammer wrote:

series link recording failing to record.

Please could you provide some further details and we may be able to offer some help

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Wellinghammer
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have just spent a couple of hours trying to get my internet working. Service has been on and off all day, I can see the box at the end of the road and workmen have been there working at various times. In frustration I called virgin but having confirmed a broadband issue I was then given the choice of waiting or entering 1 to receive a text giving me a link to their online help service. Not really a choice when your broadband is down virgin! After the third reboot my broadband came back on, was that luck, are they fixing a problem - who knows, I gave up on the phone call after 39 minutes. Before anyone suggests that if I am so fed up with them I should leave, don’t worry I will be speaking to Sky at the weekend. I expect a far better product for the amount I pay, just under £1500 a year.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I sympathise with your frustration, but whether you call Virgin to give disconnection notice or to report your fault - you will need to call VM in either case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wellinghammer, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the broadband service, we have looked into the area and cannot see any outages at present. Can you confirm if you are still having issues with the broadband connection or has this since been resolved? - Chris 

0 Kudos
Wellinghammer
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris, broadband speeds are intermittently slow sometimes though nowhere near as bad as when your guy was working at the end of the road. No further pixelation for a few days now but series link still keeps dropping out. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wellinghammer, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the service, I cannot see any outages in the area and will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos