Menu
PipsterC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer Failed to Arrive!

I was expecting an engineer to turn up today to install my second TiVo V6 box I was promised in a recompense package after a disastrous customer service experience which is still on-going.  I was told the engineer would arrive on the 30/01 between 0800-1300 and it’s 1725 and no sign! I called your 150 number and waited 2 hours on hold! Absolutely disgusting service for a customer that has been with you since you took on my Telewest contract all those years ago!

I have raised a number of complaints about the ongoing issues I am experiencing.  I have never seen such a decline in customer service and service provision in all my years as customer.

I would be grateful if you could respond to this as no one has contacted me about my first raised complaint back on the 14/01

thank you

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Engineer Failed to Arrive!

VM have suspended installations like this in order to reduce the exposure of their staff and their customers to non-essential domestic encounters. They should have told you. It'll be about a week before the VM staff here will get round to looking at your post and checking out whether this is the case. Best keep trying the phone.

Also bear in mind that this is a community forum not a direct line of access to VM. The replies you get are from other VM users like you - especially at weekends 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PipsterC
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ADAE2B08-7114-4FB3-8542-3F1009E2C217.jpeg

Thanks for the reply! No they never told me this was the case when I spoke to them when this was all booked.  

As for assistance from VM on here, it was them who suggested it on their Twitter response to me. Incidentally, they didn’t tell me about suspended installations on there either 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's my understanding. That is why I asked you to keep trying.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'll add to @HowardML reply - VM staff do monitor and respond in these boards, but they are prioritising posts where other methods of support are inappropriate or failing to resolve.

You are best to try calling in the first instance. Some installs are going ahead, but there may be something specific in your case that we (as fellow VM users) are not aware of.

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Last I heard Virgin are only doing installations for broadband and 1 TV box, multi room installations are currently postponed until further notice.

Reason for this is to minimize amount of indoor work and multi room is often the most invasive part of installations as it goes further into the home and in most cases bedrooms.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, PipsterC

Sorry to hear that your service install had not gone as you expected. As posted by other members in this post, regrettably due to the challenges in these unprecedented times, we need to apply a number of restrictions to home visits which will help us strike a balance between the health of our employees and the responsibility we have to keeping customers and our country connected during the current pandemic.

What that means is that in light of the current government guidelines we currently are able to fulfil only part of the order by arranging a technician to come and install your primary box alongside one additional room – however given we are ensuring visits are as quick and safe as possible we are currently limiting the number of additional rooms to 1 at the moment. If you are already a customer with existing services and requiring and additional outlet installed for an additional box, this also would not be completed at this time. 

I will send you a private message to access your account and complaints.

Cheers,

Corey C