Menu
vickivi
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading

TLDR: how can I contact virgin to downgrade 

... our box has been broken over 3 months now, it just keeps cycling round the welcome screens then restarting. Turning it off helped for a while but the time it worked got shorter and now it doesn't work at all. 

Since it's not really urgent we've put off ringing, which is encouraged on every page. I somehow managed to access the chat/message feature a bit ago but once I was transferred to the leaving team no-one replied ever again and 3 days later the tab disappeared and I can't figure out how to get to the chat again, I've been going round in circles for days and it keeps taking me to the same pages which send you to another page with promises of contact info but that page sends you back to the other page. I even tried tweeting with no response. 

Is a bit expensive for us now and as we've not been able to watch it and haven't missed it too much we just want to cancel the TV but you can only upgrade online because obviously they only want to make it easy to get more money off you

If it was up to me I would leave but my husband claims it's the best speeds for his games (when it works) how do I get in touch?

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Downgrading

If you can't get through on the phone or don't want to call then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Personally I would class a non working service that you are paying for as urgent.  You can wait for the forum staff to get to this thread in a few days and they should be able to help with the Tivo fault but they can't change your package, that requires you to call or use the text messaging service.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
vickivi
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks that's great I'll give them a message, I don't mind if it takes a while to reply as long as I get one! I'd rather the phones be available for someone that needs it more than me, but the text number is ideal, thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
vickivi
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I still haven't heard back from Tuesday, I know I said I wasn't bothered how long it took but I was just wondered what the longest would be so I know when to give up 

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @vickivi 

Apologies for the delay in response, we are very busy and doing all we can to reach each customer ASAP. I'm sorry that the text team haven't been back in touch to help with this issue. I appreciate this would be frustrating. 

I'll send you a private message now so that I can take some details and look in to this for you 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide