Menu
June1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade Package to just broadband

Hi, please help. I have been trying to downgrade my package past couple of months but can never get through on phone and have had no response to messages. Have to keep paying more bills each month which i cant afford, reason why i want to downgrade to just broadband. How can i get this sorted? Many thanks, June

0 Kudos
spike86
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrade Package to just broadband

Hey June, I'm on the same situation as you. Tried the online chat and after 3 different agents and one hour, finally I got to one that seemed to be helpful. He said he would transfer me to the retention team so they could do it, and then straight away said that they were done for the day (it's 12.30pm in the UK...). When I pointed that out the reply was that maybe they were on lunch break, so I could wait and eventually get transferred. A few minutes later he says there's actually a technical glitch preventing them to connect me with the team, so I would be better closing the chat and trying again.

All this while trying on the phone and after 45 minutes of music on hold the call was through and the person on the other end hung up straight away.

So yeah, good luck for both of us, and if you find a way of doing it please update! I will as well.

0 Kudos
spike86
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Actually I finally managed to get through on their phone helpline 0345 454 1111, after a long wait they offered to reduce the price of the internet/tv/phone package from £59 to £38, or just the broadband for £35. It was surprisingly easy and straightforward when I could actually speak to a human, the worst part was getting to that point. Keep persevering and good luck.

0 Kudos
June1980
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Spike. Yes same issues I'm having, actually getting speaking to a human. My package is currently £73 a month and I've had to make 2 extra months payments as have been unable to get speaking to them for so long. Is easy to upgrade package via Virgin media account but not so easy to downgrade. I guess just have to keep trying. I'm glad you got sorted and thanks for the help 😊

0 Kudos
spike86
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I chose the "thinking of leaving" option from the list, hopefully that'll do the trick for you if you haven't tried already. And yes, amazing how simple and easy it is to upgrade your services but it's such a headache to downgrade them...

0 Kudos