Menu
Ttel
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Distorted tv picture

Hi, ongoing problem with TV picture, it can be blank, just green + red colours or so distorted that it's unwatchable! I phoned 150 and a reset signal was sent, this was received by my 2nd box and went through the restart process but nothing happened to my main box and when I tried restarting this box through the help link it said  there's a technical issue. Restarting via the plug doesn't help, I've had the box for a number of years, does it need replacing?

The help links just keep taking you in a circuitous dead end. This has been going on for a while and I've decided again to face the frustrating process of trying to sort it out. Can anyone provide guidance?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted tv picture

Distorted pictures with colour issues could be an HDMI issue - have you swapped HDMI cables & ports to prove/disprove this?

If you're talking about the picture breaking up & pixellating, that's usually a signal issue. But your reference to "green and red colours" sounds different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos