picture pixelating and distorted 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted tv picture

Can you elaborate? Is this happening on, say, live TV? Any particular channels? Recorded programs?

And have you restarted your box?

The more detail you can help with, the better advice we may be able to offer. Although advice to call VM on 150 may be the end result.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Phillyon47
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes to all of the above have tried resetting the TiVo box many times have checked for any loose wires and have also tried a different start lead.  This is an ongoing problem for several weeks now. After resetting the box it seems fine for a an hour or two then starts pixelating and distorting the picture

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you can identify any specific channels that are affected (including HD/SD?) It may help narrow down the fault, but it probably won't change the outcome.

I'd recommend you call VM to report your fault. 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Follow the menu options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

You may have a failing box, or there may be a problem with your cabling somewhere. VM should be able to identify which.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Phillyon47
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s affecting all of the channels they all have the same issue looks like I will have to try the impossible and try to get through on the phone.

thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Phillyon47,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're having issues with freezing and pixelating on your TV services. 

As its been a short while since you last posted, have you managed to get through to our team to do further diagnostics? Has a technician attended to see what is causing the issue?

Please let us know regarding the above so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Phillyon47
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jodi-S thanks for contacting me, have not been able to get through on phone and still have the same problem with picture pixelating and breaking up have to keep rebooting the TiVo box which tends to work for a short time but returns again shortly after 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the TV services, and this has taken some time to be picked up

Can you please confirm if the issues are still on going? I've been able to look into the account and the set top box appears to be in good health

Have you perhaps attempted to used an alternative TV to see if this rectifies the issue?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos