Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Distorted sound syfy +1 and recording

Hi got a V6 box.

Recently started having pixelation of picture and distorted sound on recordings or if I rewind live TV.

Also syfy+1 channel constantly wobbly sound.

I've tried change Dolby to dolby-pcm, clearing down my recordings, changing optical, hdmi cables and turning the box off and on - non of this fixed the problem.

I'm assuming the issue is either the box or signal and I'm hoping your response time here has improved, because previously it's been dire.

Look forward to hearing from you soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted sound syfy +1 and recording

Hey maverik007,

Thank you for posting on the community.

I am sorry to learn that you've been having a few play back issues with your set top box. If you aren't experiencing issues on live TV, it's unlikely that there is a signal issue. I have checked the back end of your services and I can't see anything wrong with your signal levels.

Do you also have issues with the playback of your recordings?

In regards to the issue with the sound on syfy+1, I'm a little puzzled. I checked and there is no known issue with the sound on that channel on our end. Is there an issue with the sound on just syfy?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same issue with SYFY+1 other channels are fine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @clairebaz

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first ever post - I am sorry that you're having some issues with the same channel.

Does it happen on each show on this channel? Does it happen on the standard SYFY channel? 

How goes things after a reboot - any better? Are you also having an issue with the recordings or it is just the live channel? Can you record from the standard SYFY channel ok? 

I have located your account from your forum information but it is advising that your box is currently switched odd or on standby. When you have a moment, switch it on for us and if you're still having issues, we can take a closer look for you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

It only seems to be on SCFY +1 and does not appear on recordings only li e TV on this channel 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi clairebaz,

Can you please let us know when you've switched your TV on so we can take a closer look at things.

Can you also reboot your TV box and hub as I can see it's been a while since this was done 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I have rebooted my tv box and haven't noticed the problem since so hopefully it may have fixed it.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No worries clairebaz,

Let us know if you do have any further issues with it 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos