Menu
mrsbroon81
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Distorted pixilated screen

I have been experiencing a distorted pixilated screen on a number of channels it started on HD channels a couple of weeks ago now it is affecting almost every channel. I have ran the tests online and still having issues getting worse every day. How can I arrange for a technician to resolve the issue as I note from others this was the only way for it to be resolved thank you.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted pixilated screen

The quickest way is to call TV Faults to report your issue. 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

The automated options sometimes attempt remote diagnostics and you can then callback 10minutes later and choose to speak to an agent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mrsbroon81
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I called yesterday waited in a queue for excess of 50 mins finally spoke to someone at the call centre asked me to unplug all cables while he sent signals and wait for a few minutes to reboot put me hold again while doing so then hung up on me! I'm currently on the phone again just now and have been in a queue for 48 mins!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Without being party to the call it's hard to comment further, but....

Sending signals and rebooting is very often faults-speak for "restart box and get you off the phone while doing nothing to solve the underlying problem".

If reboots have failed to resolve it once, then further attempts are just delaying the inevitable - either a box replacement or engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mrsbroon81
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A box replacement or engineer visit is definitely needed it's the struggle to get through to request either which is very frustrating especially when I have just been on hold for another 1hr 3 mins and just been hung up on again! 10 years loyal customer paying over £120 a month for this shocking customer service time to cancel and go elsewhere I think!!

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrsbroon81,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV service pixelating.

I have been unable to check things our end as wasn't able to locate your account with the details we have, have you checked it isn't the HDMI cable or the HDMI port, are you able to try a different cable or port on the TV, if able are you able to try a different TV just to rule this out, also make sure all your internal connections are hand tight.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos