Menu
Lp63
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Distorted picture

Having just bought a brand new tv as our last one just went off due to the fact the picture was continually being distorted the same is happening again on our new TV which we bought a couple of months ago. We have kept rebooting TiVo box including the TV but it still keeps happening, on all channels even when recorded. When I moved into present property and reinstalled the engineer stated that I would need a new TiVo box. I have had the box 6 years now and in my opinion I’m due a new one. I don’t want anything happening to the TV again if the box is causing the problem. I would like this rectified and sorted as soon as possible otherwise I will have no alternative to try elsewhere. Kind regards 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Distorted picture

You obviously need to eliminate a cabling issue by trying alternate HDMI cables and sockets.

Otherwise, pixellation and picture breakup is a symptom of poor incoming signal - either a faulty box or aged cabling somewhere. Report it via TV Faults on 150 and VM should either arrange an engineer visit or box replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks