cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distorted picture reboots new cables not helped

ChetB
Joining in

Can’t watch any of the cycling. Picture distillation on Eurosport and itv4 make it impossible to follow. Changed cables, rebooted on multiple occasions. Health check says no issues but this is unacceptable. Same issue on live and recorded editions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My standard advice on dealing with picture pixellation and breakup applies here as good as anywhere...

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you have signal issues. Eurosport 1 & ITV4HD are on adjacent broadcast muxes, so only part of the radio spectrum is out of specification. Do you have issues on ITV 2HD or ITV3 HD, as these are carried on the same mux as ITV4HD?

VM will not be aware you have an issue, as monitoring of the network performance ends at the cabinet in the street.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My standard advice on dealing with picture pixellation and breakup applies here as good as anywhere...

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ChetB.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that your picture on your TV has been affected recently.

I can see you have been given advice by our community member 🙂 Can you please let us know if this has now resolved your issue?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide