Menu
ahmed_82
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Discount

I’m not sure for Virgin Media are up to but this year I am having trouble with the loyalty discount. Not being offered any discounts. More like having to pay more. Then get told to ring after a few weeks to see if any more discounts are available. I get a feeling my current discount will expire then I will have to pay full price. Don’t know why they can’t tell me this on the phone so I can start looking at cheaper options elsewhere 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Discount

we had a similar thing and have only stayed with virgin by the skin of our teeth. two friends too had similar issue with retentions. one got no discount the other a fiver. the latter has everything, films, sports etc.

should we get no discount next year we will be leaving virgin after 10 years. ultimately though, a discount isn't a right. but certainly my right to leave for something cheaper as it is yours.
countyexile
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Discount

Although it's a discount not a right it is supposed to be to reward customer loyalty. If Virgin feel they no longer need to reward loyalty for long-standing customers then the customers need feel no loyalty whatsoever to Virgin.

I have just received my annual inflation busting price increase notice (£4 per month) and it will coincide with the ending of my "loyalty" discounts. This means come September they will want an extra £11 per month for the same package. I think after 18 years with Telewest / Virgin the time for a change has arrived!

0 Kudos