Menu
skinnea
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Details of TV usage on TiVo

Hi - is there any way I can get a download of the TV channels I've watched through my TiVo box over a set period of time?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Details of TV usage on TiVo

Short answer is no.

VM tend to send out a marketing email once a quarter with glossy takes on "what you've watched", but it's not detailed in any way.

I presume you're looking to review your TV package as to what channel(s) you regularly watch.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

skinnea
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi - yes that's almost exactly it. My 80yo mum is paying for TiVo and a TV package and I reckon she only watches terrestrial channels.

Given the cost of living etc I wanted to see if she was paying for stuff she doesn't need. But for reasons, I'd need to show her the detail in black & white.😕

You'd imagine it'd be a simple thing to do from the core platform.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@skinnea wrote:

Hi - yes that's almost exactly it. My 80yo mum is paying for TiVo and a TV package and I reckon she only watches terrestrial channels.

Given the cost of living etc I wanted to see if she was paying for stuff she doesn't need. But for reasons, I'd need to show her the detail in black & white.😕

You'd imagine it'd be a simple thing to do from the core platform.

It would be simple, but it contravenes current Data Protection Act rules. A while ago Sony put monitoring software into their TVs to collect viewing habits of broadcast channels. The whole thing ended up in court & they were forced to remove or disable it.

You can have records of paid for On Demand content as you are billed per item viewed, but monitoring broadcast content is considered “snooping” & an invasion of personal privacy.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
skinnea
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote: You can have records of paid for On Demand content as you are billed per item viewed, but monitoring broadcast content is considered “snooping” & an invasion of personal privacy.

I did not realise that - thanks for adding some insight to this topic. 👍

0 Kudos