Menu
Allegedy_Tony
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Degraded picture

I have had issues with increasing picture degradation (pixellation) over the last year. Each time I have done the manual box reboot exercise,  picture quality has improved, but then steadily deteriorated.  I have upgraded cables and followed all Virgin's fix instructions,  but cannot talk to anyone on the phone to fet someone out to look at it. When I tried to call today, I couldn't get through to a human being, and was texted a link to the same instructions I have followed so far.

I am now sure that the problem has to be either a fault in my TiVo box or the cable into my house.

How do I get help?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Degraded picture

I wouldn't disagree with your thoughts that this is either a box fault or cabling issue, and you've done the correct thing in trying to call to report this.

But you've made a fatal mistake 🙂 .... after choosing the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", the IVR makes numerous attempts to bait you to hang up and avoid queuing - press something to go online, press something else to be texted a link, once you've taken the bait, you're not gonna queue....

Ignore the prompts. Press nothing, and queue to speak to a faults agent. They should arrange either a box replacement or engineer visit. Good luck!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos