Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dark picture on Netflix UHD

When I watch programmes on Netflix through the V6 Tivo box, the picture is dark. When I watch the same programme on Google chrome cast it is fine. My TV is a Philips 55PUS6703. Can anyone help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dark picture on Netflix UHD

You'll need to adjust the HDR picture settings on the TV as Philips default settings do tend make normal HDR very dark. 

I don't believe that your TV runs on Android so I can't tell you exactly how to do it but, assuming this it's similar to my android powered one, you'll need to start watching a HDR source then go into your settings and then select HDR movie as the picture mode, and then adjust the other settings to suit.

I also find that you get a better picture by using Netflix etc on the TV, rather than through the V6 box as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I wondered if I might need to change my HDMI cable?

I also found that when virgin was showing the French Open Tennis in UHD recently that was very dark too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Checking out comments about your TV, there is an update from Phillips that fixes the issue, you can read about it here 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/hdr-issue-on-philips-50pus6703-pus6703.2314302/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I will check it out.

0 Kudos