Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Daily TV failure at around 4.00PM

This problem has happened daily this week.  The waiting time for help is an hour.  Automated test finds s102 or c130.  Switching off and on doesn't help.  after an hour or so it all works OK again.

I've also had a few internet problems, switching over to BT internet and having to be reset back to VM.

Any ideas?

Is the network too busy with home workers to cope?

The same fault at the same time seems suspicious.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Daily TV failure at around 4.00PM

This sounds like something is interfering with VMs network signals. More than likely it’s a noise problem being caused by something either in your house or in the street. If the network is not watertight, due to a degrading connection or someone making unauthorised alterations to VMs cabling this can cause interference to leak in.

Heavy internet use does not affect Cable TV, which uses a broadcast system similar to Digital terrestrial (Freeview) & Satellite TV. But the fact that both TV & internet are affected at the same time is likely to coincide with something electrical being switched on.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily TV failure at around 4.00PM

This problem has ceased, don't know why.  It had continued every weekday last week and stopped at the weekend, complete mystery, unless VM have done some work to correct it.  Next door neighbour had a similar problem about the same time.

0 Kudos