Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

DVR serious issue

I am getting a green screen on my TV with the message that there is a serious issue with the DVR. I’ve waited the recommended three hours but I’ve seen no change. I take it from other posts that this really is a serious issue so how can I get a replacement box? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: DVR serious issue

Report the issue by calling 150 from a VM landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.  

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425... 

Or you can wait for one of the forum team to get to this thread, which usually also takes a few days.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Greense2657,

Thanks for your post and I am sorry you are having issues with your tv, have you been able to reach our team has this been resolved? If not let us know and we can assist further,

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Zoie,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately we still have the problem, a green screen that says there’s a DVR issue and the machine repeatedly trying to start up with no success. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, I will pop you over a private message and we can get a replacement out to you just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I Have a green screen on my tv which says serious issue, I cannot get any response from VM on phone and have also left it for more than the 3 hours......... it has now been 13 hours can someone help please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@tmckinnes 

As per previous posts in this thread, calling 150 (or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) and following the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" is the quickest method to report your issue and get your box replaced. I appreciate the call queues sometimes can be frustrating, but the alternative contact methods are slower still.

VM staff work their way through these posts, but it can take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos